Friday 22 May 2009

One patient and many doctors

A few friends came round to my workshop today, to celebrate the near-mystical appearance of the Crayford /8 and its faultless journey from Britain. A little drive with four on board was on order.



It is always a good idea to have competent Mercedes-Benz personnel with you.



Afterwards we fired up the barbeque and I did the little celebration with the Crayford /8 that I prepared when we brought it over from Britain - having a very nice pint of british real ale. Old Speckled Hen, if you insist to know.

Now the odds were against me: I wanted to celebrate, the crew wanted to inspect the car. After we chased away a north-african taxi, the Crayford changed from a place on the ground floor to the heights of my workshop hoist for the first time.



I then stopped taking photographs. But what happended next was like this (from "Asterix in Switzerland").



There was some (well, a lot of) rust, but not unexpectedly so. There was some oil that should better be on the inside of the engine. There was some water that should better keep itself in the radiator instead of dripping out of it. And there was a lot of noise from the silencer that had parted from its tube on the ferry. A new one is already lined up in my workshop.

And during the aforementioned small drive, the center ball bearing on the propeller shaft more or less desintegrated... More work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment